Kale and Farro Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Who doesn't love a good salad recipe? This Healthy Farro Salad with citrus vinaigrette recipe is a delicious blend of citrus flavor that is sure to tickle your taste buds. Plus, it's packed with protein and fibers so you'll fueled for the rest of the day.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 cups farro, cooked and drained
- 4 cups shredded kale
- 1 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
For Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus zest of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss butternut squash, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste in large baking sheet and spread evenly. Roast for 15-20 minutes, tossing half way through, or until tender. Remove from oven. Cool squash for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, orange juice, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, honey, salt and pepper for vinaigrette. Gradually whisk in olive oil until creamy.
3. To assemble, divide farro, kale and butternut squash evenly between four Ello Lunch Bowls. Sprinkle with hazelnuts and goat cheese. Drizzle with citrus vinaigrette and enjoy!