Pistachio and Quinoa Chopped Salad
A light and refreshing salad recipe is a must during the summer months. This Pistachio and Quinoa Chopped Salad is packed with nutrient rich ingredients and is perfect for lunch or dinner. The zesty lemon and olive oil dressing gives it bright and refreshing taste that's great for those hot summer days.
Our Duraglass™ 9 Cup Food Storage Container is the best for serving up and storing large salads. The crystal clear Tritan lid includes air tight snaps keep your food fresher for longer and won't leak.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, combine quinoa and water. Bring to boil, and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork.
- In large salad bowl, combine the quinoa, cucumber, chickpeas, turkey bacon, red onion, fresh herbs, pistachios and feta cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide salad evenly between 4 prep containers.