Sweet Hawaiian Bread Stuffing
We love a good classic box stuffing mix but why not spice it up this Thanksgiving? This Sweet Hawaiian Bread Stuffing recipe has all the flavors of your favorite stuffing recipe only using Hawaiian sweet rolls for the croutons. This simple swap gives a subtle sweetness and that will bring your stuffing to next level.
Don't forget to use your Ello 8x8 baking dish for this recipe! This dish can go straight from the oven to the table or if you're bringing it to family dinner simply snap on the leak proof lid for each transport.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 12 minutes
Ready in: 1 hour 27 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 (12 each) pack Hawaiian sweet rolls, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 6 ounces sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 3 medium carrots, chopped fine
- 3 medium stalks celery, chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9”x13” baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Toss bread, 2 tablespoons olive oil and Italian seasoning on rimmed baking sheet until coated.
- Bake until lightly browned and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Heat remaining olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and break into small crumbles with a wooden spoon while cooking. Sauté until golden-brown and fully cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in onions, carrots and celery and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and rosemary and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Toss sausage mixture, toasted bread, broth, raisins and egg in large bowl until combined.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake until light golden-brown and set in the center, about 35 to 45 minutes. Serve and enjoy.