Pepitas and Peach Crisp
Make the most of peach season with this Pepitas and Peach Crisp recipe! The cinnamon pepita topping pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the peaches. We recommend serving it up warm with some vanilla ice cream on the side.
Try using the Ello Duraglass™ 8x8 Baking Dish for this recipe. Keep any leftovers fresh with the airtight and leak-proof lid.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Ready in: 55 minutes
- 3 pounds peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
For topping and serving:
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup raw pepitas, toasted
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, for serving
- For peaches, preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 8”x8” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Mix peaches, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and salt in large bowl until combined. Pour peach mixture into prepared baking dish and set aside.
- For topping, whisk brown sugar, flour, pepitas, oats, cinnamon and salt together in medium bowl until combined. Add butter and combine with a pastry blender or fork until coarse crumbs form. Spoon topping evenly over peach mixture.
- Bake until topping is golden brown, and peach mixture is bubbling, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream and enjoy.